Palliative Care is a type of specialized medical care for those living with a serious illness. Under palliative care, we partner with the patient and the family to provide comfort and improve quality of life through pain and symptoms management. We place the focus on the person, not the disease.
Do you need palliative care?
- Is it getting harder and harder to care for yourself (dressing, bathing, walking)?
- Have you recently or previously been diagnosed with an illness such as (COPD, end stage kidney disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, ALS etc?)
- Have you been hospitalized two or more times within the past several months?
- Is it difficult to control physical or emotional symptoms related to your current disease condition?
- Is family distress impairing decision-making?
- Are you having difficulty improving in outpatient therapy due to your chronic disease condition
- Have you considered tube feedings/artificial nutrition?
If you can related to one of the above scenarios, you may benefit from palliative care.